Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lean


For 20 years I rose early every day
Dressed for success, made my mark in any way
Came troubled times and the job, it let me go
Out of work, family to feed, give me a wall to lean on

The man said it is something I can easily do
My house will be my future
But the payments were higher than I can afford
Out of my house, the bank took it, and there was nothing I could do.
Give me a wall to lean on.

On main street, on your street in my town and yours
You see me, as I disappear into the bricks and the paint
I’m the guy with my knees bent, a blanket around me to stay warm
My day is a search for a wall to lean on.

What matters most is different for all
For some it is a coat, gloves or what’s left of your lunch
Shelter is just a memory from a life once had
Today, a goal to live is all I have.
Give me a wall to lean on.

Some dreams you wake up from
You wonder how you got here
It could never happen to me
Said the man who has the wall to lean on.
-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment